Saturday, October 19, 2013

Home on the Range

The only really beat-up looking thing in the kitchen was the range hood. Upon further inspection, it wasn't even properly installed, and was held up by some adhesive and a random screw driven into the cabinet trim, which was caving in under the weight.

We took it out, reinforced the front of the cabinet with some L-brackets and wood, and installed a shiny new range hood. We needed a curved ventilation pipe, since the exhaust in our new range hood is in the center.

We also got an oven, which required a new electrical group.

 Since the oven sat too low, we built a supporting shelf, and then had the former door for the cabinet cut to form a surrounding trim, so that the oven fit in with the rest of the cabinets as though it had been there all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment